BENCHMARKS OFFICER / SENIOR BENCHMARKS OFFICER
Brussel - Bruxelles
Our Company :The European Money Markets Institute (EMMI - www.emmi-benchmarks.eu) is recruiting a Benchmarks Officer/ Senior Benchmark Officer (depending on experience) for its Operations Unit.
The position is permanent, full-time and located in Brussels.
The European Money Markets Institute’s (EMMI) purpose is to support the smooth functioning and to facilitate the integration of European money markets and related financial markets.
EMMI is a key organisation in European financial markets, recognised for its expertise and operational excellence in the provision of benchmarks and in the support of money market initiatives.
In this context, EMMI is the administrator of two critical benchmarks in the euro money markets: EONIA and EURIBOR, for which it has been granted the authorisation by the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA). EMMI is also actively involved in the management of the STEP label, which is an initiative aiming at fostering the integration in the European short-term paper markets.
Based on a solid governance, EMMI is building an efficient and effective organisation, striving for operational excellence and oriented towards high performance.
After having successfully implemented the new hybrid methodology for EURIBOR at the end of 2019, EMMI’s first priority is to continue ensuring the long term sustainability of EURIBOR.
As a committed member of the Working group on euro risk free rates, EMMI is preparing to play a key role in the identification and elaboration of fallback interest rate benchmarks.
Finally, EMMI is currently engaged in a strategic review exercise in order to identify potential areas for further diversification of its activities.
EMMI’s core values consist in promoting transparency, delivering results with high quality and working with integrity.
The Job / Responsibilities :Your team:
You will be part of the Operations Unit and report to the Head of Unit.
The Operations Unit is responsible for all activities related to the provision of EMMI’s product lines, which currently consist of two financial benchmarks (EURIBOR and EONIA) and one market label (STEP). These activities encompass: the design and development of existing or new products including their governance, quality control, as well as their distribution. Furthermore, the Operations Unit implements internal operational processes, oversees outsourced processes and interacts with contributing panel banks.
Together with the other Benchmarks Officers, you will be contributing to:
• Controlling, monitoring and/or implementing the daily data collection, calculation and publication processes of EMMI’s benchmarks;
• Controlling, monitoring and continuously enhancing the quality of the benchmarks, designing and performing regular data quality checks;
• Identifying, designing and developing new products;
• Defining, reviewing, and monitoring the implementation of the benchmarks governance frameworks;
• Ensuring that benchmarks operations are in line with regulatory and supervisory requirements and recommendations;
• Developing the monitoring of euro money markets.
Your profile :You possess the following qualifications and experience:
• A Master’s degree (or Bachelor degree plus 5 years of relevant experience) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or another relevant field;
• Working experience in fields related to money markets or other relevant financial markets;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point;
• Advanced command of English, both written and oral;
• Intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
In addition, you possess at least one of the following qualifications:
• Previous experience related to the benchmarks environment, in particular in the EU;
• Experience in an international environment or experience in interacting with an international base of stakeholders;
• Experience working with large datasets, database programming, and other programing languages;
• Experience in elaborating analytical reports describing financial markets developments.
You demonstrate the following skills:
• You rely on sound analytical thinking in order to approach complex information;
• You are able to take innovative approaches to tackle any issue;
• You have strong organisational skills, and are able to design, implement and coordinate efficient, effective and robust business processes;
• You systematically focus on accuracy and quality, also under tight deadlines;
• You draft in a clear and concise manner, and you are able to adapt to your reader.
You are committed to implement EMMI’s behavioral attributes:
• At EMMI, people are evolving in a trusted environment, working together and supporting each other in order to achieve the same common goals;
• We favour the debate of ideas in a respectful manner stimulating a constant strive for innovation;
• We focus on continuous learning and development;
• We are accountable and oriented towards results;
(Kindly make reference to Banking Boulevard when applying for this position).
(Bedankt om naar Banking Boulevard te verwijzen als u solliciteert).
(Merci de bien vouloir faire référence au site-emploi Banking Boulevard lors de votre sollicitation).
We offer :• Working in a collaborative, dynamic and international environment;
• Contributing to challenging work assignments;
• Possibilities for developing your expertise, including professional trainings;
• Benefiting from a flexible working time and homeworking possibilities;
• A competitive and attractive compensation and benefits package, including group insurance.
To apply, send your complete application (including a letter of motivation, your CV and your salary expectations) to Ms. Laura Michel, Human Resources Officer, by Friday, 7 February 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org.